Sunday, February 15, 2009

Cream Cheese Polenta

Last night I think we managed to make the 'best meal ever.' I feel like if I was stuck on an island, this is the meal I'd want to eat everyday. I'm going to post the dish recipes individually, so you can pick and choose, if you want.

First is cream cheese polenta. I was looking around for a good polenta recipe a few months ago and came across this one. I didn't have parmesan cheese or any money to buy some, so I was inclined to try it with cream cheese instead and really don't think I'll ever go back! As you might imagine, cream cheese just compliments the creamy texture of polenta in such an amazing way.

Here are the ingredients:

1 cup corn meal
4 cups water
1/2 tsp salt
4 tbsp butter
1/4 cup cream cheese
1 tsp dried sage
s & p

Boil the water and add salt. Once it is ready, slowly wisk in the cornmeal a little bit at a time. Don't dump it all in at once or you'll never be able to wisk out the clumps. Once it's all incorporated, change to a wodden spoon and add in the butter. Cook like this (stirring frequently) for about 15 minutes. Next, stir in the cream cheese, sage and salt/pepper. Taste and add seasoning, then devour!

2 comments:

MS said...

this sounds awesome. I'm totally going to make-this.

Jessica said...

I am so excited to try this! Thanks for sharing:)