Sunday, December 14, 2008

Phuong's Banana Bread

My coworker, Phuong, gave me this recipe and it is AMAZING. It isn't actually called "Phuong's Banana Bread" but that is what I call it - I guess it is actually called "Brandt House Banana Bread" from Greenfield, Massachusetts.

2 sticks butter (1 cup)
2 cups sugar
4 eggs
2 teaspoons vanilla
3 cups flour
2 teaspoons banking soda
1 teaspoon salt
2 cups mashed bananas
1 cup chocolate chips
1 cup sour cream

Cream butter and sugar. Add eggs, one at a time, then vanilla. Mix dry ingredients together and blend in. Fold in mashed bananas, chocolate chips, and sour cream. Pour into two greased to "Pammed" loaf pans. Bake at 350 degrees for one hour (I don't actually think it takes this long - so check after 45 min prob) Let cool at least twenty minutes before taking out of pan. Makes two loaves.

1 comment:

Bret said...

You just posted this to prove the site isn't dead, didn't you? ADMIT IT!!!

I mean... awesome. This was delicious.