Monday, November 10, 2008

A Quick Sort of Oven-Fried Chicken

This is SUPER easy...and yummy!

Get some:
Chicken - Breasts are the best, I think.
Corn Flakes, or even better Trader Joe's Toasted Oatmeal Flakes
Butter
Paper bag
rolling pin
baking sheet
if you use plain corn flakes you might want some seasoning like garlic powder, paprika dried oregano....but if you use the oatmeal flakes its good as is.

Preheat oven to 375
Put enough cereal in the paper bag to cover your chicken, then use the rolling pin to roll the bag and crush the flakes into crumbs.
clean your chicken
put wet chicken in paper bag and give it a good shakin
place covered pieces on baking sheet, there will probably be crumbs left in the bag that you can place on top of your chicken
drizzle some melted butter over pieces
stick it in the oven!

The cook time depends on the type of chicken - breasts: 40-45 min

*its kinda fun to use different types of flaky cereal for this - even some with clusters!

4 comments:

Bret said...

Yes! You posted it!!!

MS said...

I think I would just smash those cornflakes with my hand, but this sounds good.

Bret said...

Just like Matt said, I was a total badass and used my bare fricking HANDS to crush the corn flakes. And was it ever delicious.

One question, though, for Cristin: The corn flakes didn't really stick all that well. Is that ever a problem for you? Do you ever dip the chicken in egg first?

Cristin said...

I never had too much of a problem with the flakes sticking...you could try the egg batter. let me know how it turns out.